October 12, 2007

Money Saving Tips

For years, I have been pretty poor...never had a stable job...and now my husband is the only one who works since I chose to stay home with my 8 month old son. We don't make that much money, so we have to think of ways to 'penny-pinch' to get through each day.

1) Thrifty shops are commonly known places for people to find inexpensive items. My favorite are Savers, Goodwill, and even the 99 cent stores. If you donate your old things to Savers and/or Goodwill, they give you a coupon for a percentage off your next total bill! I like the 99 cent Only store because you can get household items and some name brand foods for 99 cents!!

2) Craigslist.com is a great place to find inexpensive items for sale as well as FREE items! I have been told that even big things like washers, dryers, fridges, and Cars have been i the free section!

3) Freecycle.org is also a great place. Everything there is FREE! It's people basically posting ads for things they want to get rid of...then you email them saying you want it! The only catch is that you have to be willing to give also....it's just not fair if you keep recieving and not GIVING in return.

4) Coupons are a great way to bring a grocery bill down! Here are several great sites with coupons:
*thegrocerygame.com- they give you what items are on sale at what store in your area, and where to find the coupons!
*couponbar.coupons.com-many great coupons to print
*afullcup.com-a forum that has many interesting tips on saving as well as coupons galore! I saved over $60 on baby food with one of their coupons....I was able to print as many as I wanted!

5) MyPoints.com is also another great place....you just read their emails (click a link than immediately close out the link if you want) to receive points. Points can be redeemed for gift cards! I have gotten 3 gift cards from them already...each worth at least $10.

That's all I got for now.... Happy Saving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Template by:

Free Blog Templates