March 25, 2008

Going Green


I have been thinking for some time and I decided that I want to try to Go Green with as many things as possible. I am going to start by using cloth diapers for my new baby and any organic clothing or other baby items. I have been reading up on it and using cloth diapers is more helpful to the environment (won't be throwing away non-recyclable disposables that just get buried in landfills) and it saves money in the long run.

I have been putting together a Baby Shower Registry on Kaboodle.com and I will be adding more stuff to it periodically. I got a little ahead of myself and added pink girlie items even though I don't know the gender of the baby yet, and won't know until at least week 18 (I am at week 12). :)~

If you want to check out my list and leave any comments there, click on this link. If you are my family member or friend, please check it out if you are going to be buying me anything. :)

I have also provided a slideshow of the items from my registry.




Photobucket

6 comments:

Jolene said...

I hope things are going well for you!!

I know you don't get computer access much, but I tagged you on my blog if you get a chance to do it!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Green movements and baby's arrival are often linked. It happened to me.

At first, I thought it was just the diapers alone. Even cloth diaper advocates think about the additional laundry and its impact.

I've taken it even further, moving toward a more vegetarian diet and looking for alternate transportation options.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your baby!!! as soon as i get some $ i'm going to convert to cloth diapers as well. of course the infant potty training has saved me loads of money, i admit! you have a great registry!

Unknown said...

Dear Christina,

I’m working with Parents.com to promote this summer’s Best Baby Bump Contest (http://www.parents.com/bump-contest), and I would like to invite parents-to-be such as yourself to enter their best pregnant belly photos on the parents.com website before September 30, 2008. One winner will receive a $2,500 prize.

Liz Zack, Executive Editor of Parents magazine, says, “We want you to take your best pregnant belly photos – from little baby bumps to big pregnant bellies – and enter them into our Baby Bump Contest. While you’re there, share and comment on other people’s pregnant belly photos, too.”

As a blogger, you represent an important and influential part of the online community. In addition to entering, Parents invites you to spread the word and encourage your readers to vote for you and enter their own photos in The Best Baby Bump Contest.

Sincerely,

Kelsey Jarboe
978-855-6071
kelseyjarboe@gmail.com

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Glad you are trying to "Green up your act" It is a great way to teach our children to live by example and it is a small thing we can do as parents and mothers to try to leave a green planet for them! Glad I found your blog.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Template by:

Free Blog Templates